More and more conferences are embracing the blogger community. Several recent Microsoft conferences have tried making it easier for attendees, conference staff and reporters to blog the event. Jeff Sandquist (Microsoft, Channel 9) just emailed me some information the Mix07 Blogzone.
The Mix07 BlogZone (aka Blogger Lounge)
If you’re planning on live blogging a conference you probably have a list of essential services that you’d like to see at the event site. I’ll bet the first item on your list is access to a fast, free and reliable Internet connection. I thought so.
The Mix crew has some good news for bloggers. The Mix Blogzone will be on the 3rd floor of the Venetion tower. Follow the the signs that lead to a room outfitted to make any blogger happy.
- Live streaming of all Mix content to jumbo widescreen plasma TVs
- Free food
- Free drinks (Jeff didn’t specify if that include alcohol)
- Free wireless — fast enough to upload video streams. That’s what I heard
- Gamezone — area dedicated to XBox 360s to relieve the stress of the 24 hour a day conference lifestyle
- Video interviews
- Opens at 8:00 AM. Closes at ??
I know I’ll be in the lounge as much as my schedule permits. See you there.